United States Washington Washington
Mount Rainier National Park
A majestic and scenic natural area in Washington with a prominent snowy peak, diverse wildlife, and numerous hiking trails.
- (360) 569-2211
Tips from the community
The Mount Rainier National Park emanates out from the hulking peak – the highest in the Cascades – that sits at its center and gives it its name. Wherever you are in the reserve, there’s rarely a moment when the snow-mantled summit of the mighty mountain won’t be within eyeshot. Around it swirls beautiful springtime wildflower meadows and gushing waterfalls fed by ancient glaciers. If you’re okay with staying off the main peak (reserved for the veteran mountaineers), there’s loads of alpine hiking and wildlife viewing to be had.
jrfrancis 2 years ago
One of the three Washington national parks, Mount Rainier is the largest/tallest cascade volcano. The park is incredible. Visit in the spring for the incredible wildflowers, come in the summer for the greatest access to hiking as the snow is melted away, enjoy the beautiful foliage in the fall, or take the daring drive in the winter to see the whole park blanketed in snow.
nicolejordan 3 years ago
Snowmelt usually comes in late March or early April, which finally opens the trails of Mount Rainier. It can be muddy, but on the flip side you get rushing waterfalls (Comet Falls are spectacular) and fresh green fir forests aplenty.
jrfrancis 2 years ago
Mount Rainier is an active volcano surrounded by sprawling meadows adorned with natural wildflowers and unique glacial landscapes. This fascinating national park encompasses major rivers and scenic views alongside an icy, snow-capped volcano.
seeker 2 years ago
Geology, volcanic, hiking, camping
lwithrow 3 years ago
Mount Rainier National Park Lists
- seeker (Seeker Editors) The US boasts an impressive 63 national parks, each with its own distinct character, awe inspiring views and countless ways to connect with nature. The parks are managed by the National Park Service which offers an annual pass for access to all 63 parks throughout the year for one flat price. Let's explore.
- paige (Paige Mesicek)
- ashbwi (Ashley Wise)
- jillstegerrush (Jill Rush)
- nicolejordan (Nicole Jordan)
- wheregoesnae (Denajia Lowery) Celebrating #EarthDay by sharing a few places in the U.S that make me go 😍 #seekerchallenge
- nicolejordan (Nicole Jordan) My favorite spots in the PNW!
- lwithrow (Lindsay Withrow) 50 and counting!