Tanzania Kilimanjaro Region Mt
Iconic snow-capped free-standing volcanic mountain in Tanzania, offering breathtaking views and a challenging climb for adventure enthusiasts.
Tips from the community
Mount Kilimanjaro, towering over the African landscape, is not only the highest peak on the continent but is also surrounded by a rich tapestry of wildlife sanctuaries. The Kilimanjaro National Park, which encompasses the mountain, offers a unique opportunity to witness diverse ecosystems ranging from alpine deserts to rainforests, which are home to a variety of species, including large mammals such as elephants and buffaloes, and an impressive array of birdlife. Visitors to this UNESCO World Heritage Site can immerse themselves in the natural beauty of the region and encounter the breathtaking wildlife that thrives in the shadow of the majestic snow-capped summit.
wildlifeconnect 3 weeks ago
Mount Kilimanjaro, located in the Mt Kilimanjaro region of Tanzania, is one of the few World Heritage Sites in Africa. Known for its diverse flora and fauna, towering glaciers, and impressive peaks, visitors can embark on an unforgettable trekking adventure to the summit, which stands at 5,895 meters above sea level. With a rich history and cultural significance, Mount Kilimanjaro is a must-see destination for adventurers and nature lovers alike.
seeker 8 months ago
Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa, is a world-renowned destination that attracts adventurous hikers and nature enthusiasts from around the globe. Located in Tanzania, this imposing mountain boasts three distinct volcanic cones, lush rainforests, and awe-inspiring glaciers. Climbing to its summit offers an unforgettable experience that is widely considered as one of the most iconic landmarks in the world.
seeker 8 months ago
Mount Kilimanjaro Lists
- wildlifeconnect (Wildlife Connect ) Ever dreamed of wandering amidst lush greenery and coming face-to-face with nature's most majestic creatures? Wildlife sanctuaries offer just that – a chance to step into the habitats of the animal kingdom and witness the wonders of the natural world up close. These havens of biodiversity not only provide crucial protection for wildlife but also invite us humans to immerse ourselves in an experience that's both enlightening and humbling. From the roaming giants of the savannahs to the elusive predators of the dense forests, each sanctuary is a world unto itself, waiting to be explored. So, grab your binoculars and let’s take a virtual trek through some of the most amazing wildlife sanctuaries that you can actually visit. Prepare to be awed!
- sereadventuresafari (Sere Avdventure safari) Transfer from Moshi (08:00am to 10:00am) to Marangu. Enter the park and complete your registration. Hike (medium fitness) through the rainforest for estimated 3-5 hours, till Mandara Hut (picnic lunch either in route or at Mandara Hut depending on walking pace). A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings (time and weather permitting). Descend through the forest trail back to the park gates (estimated 3-4 hours) where your driver will be waiting to transfer you back to Moshi. Approx driving distance: 1 hour to gate / 1 hour back to Moshi Approx trekking time: 6-9 hours Approx trekking distance: 14 km / 8.5mi Start Altitude: 1860m or 6100ft End Altitude: 1860m or 6100ft Highest Altitude reached: 2775m or 9105ft Altitude +gain / -loss: +915m or 3005ft / -915m or 3005ft Meals included: Picnic lunch
- sereadventuresafari (Sere Avdventure safari) SereAdventure is a small, independent tour operator based in Moshi, Kilimanjaro. With over 10 years experience in the tourism industry, we have come to understand that everyone visiting Tanzania has their own expectations. At SereAdventure we pride ourselves in offering you a personal service that helps you realise your goal. We work closely with you to design your holiday according to your wish list, whilst considering time and budget. Our dedicated team of professionals strive to provide you with an unforgettable experience. Each and every one of them are experts in their trade and have extensive knowledge of mountain trekking and a passion for Tanzania’s wildlife. All of our mountain guides, some of whom have climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro over 250 times, are highly skilled and fully licensed members of KGA (Kilimanjaro Guides Association). Our porters, without whom we would not be able to climb Kilimanjaro, are of the utmost importance to us. We provide them with essential training that not only ensures a successful trek but also provides them with future career progression. Our safari guides’ enthusiasm for wildlife and their habitats are contagious. They will share their in-depth knowledge of the different species of animals, the surrounding flora and fauna and give you an insight into Tanzania’s geological history.Our mountain and safari cooks prepare delicious meals made from local produce. They know just what you need to keep your energy levels up when trekking and provide dishes that add something special to every safari.We take great care in organising your itinerary and making every effort to give you a trip of a life time whilst maintaining an ethical and sustainable approach by respecting the land, the people and local customs.Our team is here to ensure you enjoy every minute of your time in Tanzania. Hear what our previous clients
- kelli.allred (Kelli Allred)
- jeanlouise (Jean Tiston) This is a work in progress list that I would constantly update as I go along :)
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Planning for our trip to East Africa in 2022 - I studied Swahili for 3 years in college and have yet to make it there. When Covid is over, it is finally happening!
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) This is my big bucket list of places to see before I die. #seekerchallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) The beautiful and rich history of the continent of Africa becomes evident in these UNESCO world heritage destinations. From the birthplace of ancient humans to vast desert landscapes, unique wildlife, and pristine coastlines, explore deep into this gorgeous continent and the history of humankind at these entirely life-changing and inspiring world heritage sites.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) My bucketlist of trails to conquer one day