No trip to San Francisco is complete without a visit to one of the most infamous prisons in the US (and perhaps the world!). The tour is fascinating and worth every penny. As a bonus, the ferry ride over to the island is a treat in itself. However, the tour sells out well in advance so plan ahead. For those last minute travelers (like me!), a few day-of tickets are released each morning but you need to rise early and stand in line.
Alcatraz Island Map
Alcatraz Island Lists
- The Most Famous Landmarks Around the World These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- Haunted Places That You Should Never Visit
- Most famous landmarks around the world
- Bay Area Bucket List As a Bay Area native, I wanted to share some of the top places to visit for anyone new to my stomping ground.
- Things to do in San Francisco with Kids My favorite kid-friendly spots in the city by the bay