Tips from the community
As a bonus, you might even get a glimpse of some of the celebrities that live around here like John Goodman. Lafayette Cemetery Number One is also in this area (currently under renovations), but your tour guide can tell you all about the interesting above-ground burial practices in Nola. Two Chicks Walking Tours has great tours of this neighborhood and are a fountain of information.
theblondeabroad 3 years ago
Garden District Lists
- theblondeabroad (Kiersten Rich) Welcome to the weird, wonderful, and truly one-of-a-kind streets of the Big Easy. Even if you’ve been all over the United States, you’ve never been anywhere quite like New Orleans before. Often lost in the so-called flyover country, Louisiana is an undiscovered gem for countless tourists.
- ste.divita (Stefania Di Vita)
- _kfunk (Kimberly Anne) These are my favorite spots in the Big Easy
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera) Nashville and New Orleans have been on top of my major US cities for a very long time. So I made this little itinerary a while ago and kept it aside for when it's time to go :)
- wonderwhereiwander (Rose Winter) Mouth-watering Cajun food? A live Blues band at every turn? A marriage procession right in the middle of the street? Whether you call it New Orleans, NOLA, the Crescent City or the Big Easy, this enchanting city really has it all. There is nowhere on this planet quite like it. You could easily not know where to start, so let me help you! Here are some of the best neighbourhoods in the most exciting city in the South.
- kaylee (Kaylee Giacomini) Whenever I check out a new city I like to orient myself with the local landmarks and culture by embarking on a city tour. Moving to New Orleans presented me with the conflicting identity of not necessarily being a tourist, yet not exactly being a local either. I believe that it’s important to be a tourist in your own city - to get to know it inside out and understand why it’s so beloved. Unsure how to do this? The best way to start is to take a tour. In my years living in New Orleans, I’ve had the privilege of taking quite a few; here are my favorites.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Places I want to hit on my first trip to Nola
- leah (Leah Fishman)
- jasmineagbhow (Jasmine Caceres) These are my top must do recommendations during your trip down to NOLA.
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) New Orleans has long been a dream destination for photographers, and as an aspiring photographer myself, I have found myself searching to uncover some of the most picturesque destinations- so, of course, I needed to share. Whether you are interested in photographing architecture, street photography, or gorgeous nature, New Orleans has some truly breathtaking locations that are camera-ready. So I recommend making space in your bag for your favorite cameras, let's take a look into New Orleans's best destinations for photographers.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Opulent mansions, towering cathedrals, and sprawling cemeteries- the historical relics of New Orlean's rich history define the unique patchwork of the city. Explore eras past, from massive gardens full of unique herbs to party neighborhoods, tucked away in old French architecture. Any history buff already has New Orleans on their bucket list- and we just want to make sure you hit all of the must-see spots in the city. Speckled with diverse culture, and downright unmatched architecture, explore history with our list of landmarks in the city.
- mustangdmv (Danielle Call) Places I’d love to visit in New Orleans at Wanderfest
- mustangdmv (Danielle Call) New Orleans is full of history, art, music, and culture. Visit some of these areas and markets to see some of the very best NoLA has to offer.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- Read more...
Welcome to the weird, wonderful, and truly one-of-a-kind streets of the Big Easy. Even if you’ve been all over the United States, you’ve never been anywhere quite like New Orleans. Often lost in the so-called flyover country, Louisiana is an undiscovered gem for countless travelers. A world away from California, New York, Florida and other […]