Uyuni Salt Flat
Stretching across 10,582 square kilometres of the Altiplano, Salar de Uyuni is the world’s largest salt flat, and seeing it in person is the only way to properly comprehend that fact. Despite the desert dryness, freezing night temperatures, and fierce desert sun — this landscape is not devoid of life! Pink flamingos, ancient cacti, and rare hummingbirds all live in the Salar de Uyuni, adding a dramatic splash of life in an otherwise desolate landscape and making it one of the best things to do in Bolivia. Spoiler alert: Pink flamingos look pretty damn unreal against an all-white landscape.
Uyuni Salt Flat Map
Uyuni Salt Flat Lists
- The Most Colorful Places Around the World Discover some of the most otherworldly and ethereal landscapes gleaming in heavy pigments, from alkaline red lakes to banana-colored volcanic landscapes. For Pride month we wanted to select the most vibrant destinations across the planet in every shade of ROYGBIV to create the ultimate rainbow-themed bucket list. Let your rainbow flags fly this summer while taking a look at some of the most colorful places on earth. Happy Pride Seekers!
- My Wanderlust Wishlist My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- Best Deserts of the World Deserts are often the most neglected of all of Mother Nature's wonders, but this list will have you thinking about adding a sandy oasis to your bucket list. Witness the silky sands across the world as you explore one of the most beautiful landscapes across the planet. These destinations will have you uncovering secret towns and picturesque rock formations- let's take a look at some of our favorite deserts from around the world.
- The Most Colorful Places on Earth From Red to Black, here are the most colorful places on Earth. Stroll through picturesque lavender fields glowing with soft purple in southern France or discover the dynamic fiery reds of Antelope Canyon in Arizona. Our world is rich in color, and we have selected the most pigmented destinations for your list.
- Top 20 places that show Mother Nature at her finest. Earth. Fire. Wind. Water. The power of Mother Nature is truly awe inspiring. Here is a list of the top 20 place to go to become one with our mother earth. #SeekerChallenge
- Mother Nature's Finest Work This week's #seekerchallenge celebrates the most naturally beautiful places on earth.
- Unbelievable Natural Hot Springs Gorgeous geothermally heated water rising from the earth's crust is one of nature's greatest gifts, providing stress reduction as well as aiding with skin concerns. Along with wellness benefits, hot springs also make for an entirely luxurious spa-like experience, and with these glowing pools of stunning and fresh heated water existing around the world, there are plenty of picturesque destinations to sample throughout your travels. We put together a list of the most impressive natural hot springs from around the globe so you can truly indulge in relaxation with destinations including mountainous landscapes, opulent palaces, and luxury spas. Let's take a dip, seekers.
- Places that make me feel good Corners of the world that I would like to visit and that I have visited
- Cheap Stops to include on while you overland Bolivia If you’re travelling through South America Bolivia is definitely going to be on the agenda. It’s a top place to visit and people love traveling here because you can do it on a budget. You’ll likely be arriving overland from one of its neighbours, Brazil or Peru. Here are 8 places to stop on your adventure across Bolivia.