Visiting Cape Town on a budget almost feels like a feat that’s too good to be true. Perfectly nestled in between the mountains and the ocean, Cape Town is, without question, South Africa’s finest metropolitan city. Whether you’re looking to relax on luxurious beaches, experience one of the new Seven Wonders of the World, or sip some of the finest wines in Africa, you can do it all without breaking the bank. Getting to Cape Town will undoubtedly be your most costly expense, but beyond the airfare you can revel in affordable Airbnb rates, modestly-priced world-class eats, and cheap admission rates to museums, day tours, and many popular tourist attractions.
Cape Town is famous for unique landscapes and picturesque ocean views that make it one of the top spots in the world for awe-inspiring sunsets. Take advantage of the vast natural glory of Cape Town and hike up Lion's Head to catch the warm hues of the descending sun soak up the entire skyline and sink into the water beneath- or settle down on the beach for prime seaside views.
The next destination on your bucket list // I've been saying I'm gonna go to South Africa for like 3 years now
Featuring the biggest LGBTQ+ scene in the continent of Africa, Cape Town has an open-minded point of view that secures itself as one of the most friendly destinations for LGBTQ+ travelers. The tightly knit Gay community of this vibrant city welcomes all with open arms. Along with a bubbly nightlife scene and plenty of cool events year-round, Cape Town features an awesome display of pride every February full of love and acceptance.
South Africa is a country of diverse ecosystems, beach towns, and buzzing cities. I'd stop by City Centre, Cape Town’s vibrant business and commercial heart, and browse their chain stores, surf shops, and fashion boutiques. Then, I'd the oceanic drive around Cape Point, go on a hike in Skeleton Gorge, and take the cable car up Table Mountain. After all of that, I'd hit up Bombay Bicycle Club - its bohemian vibe, delicious menu and colorful history would be sure to satisfy me after a day of exploring!
Cape Town Map
Cape Town Lists
- Places I’m Going
- Most Beautiful Sunsets Around The World Every evening there is a magical display of pigmented purples and reds painting the entire sky as the sun dissolves into the distance, and while some people may take this for granted- we take aesthetics *very* seriously at Seeker (no shade). We love soaking in the warm, orangey hues of the sun while sipping on a cool cocktail beachside, and we have kept note of the most breathtaking sunsets around the world for anyone else who feels similarly. Embrace nature's most phenomenal gift, and consider these gorgeous destinations we have selected for your next life-changing sunset.
- The most Sarah Lempa places in the world
- Places I've Been
- LGBTQ+ Friendly Cities This year travel to destinations that embrace all with wide open arms and rainbow colors. Stroll along historic pathways in NYC at the birthplace of Pride or party all night long down under at Sydney's famous LGBTQ+ Mardi Gras celebration- the possibilities of LGBTQ+ travel are endless, colorful, and exciting. Whether you prefer more low-key activities like cozying up in a coffee shop or want to get lost in the sparkling nightlife culture of a new country, we have the place for you. With access to history, culture, and yes- parties, add these exciting destinations to your LGBTQ+ travel list.
- Honeymoon Destinations A little slice of paradise for you and your honey is just an airplane ride away. What better way to celebrate your endless love and connection than by visiting these gorgeous destinations? Here are our picks of the most romantic and picturesque destinations from around the world for the perfect backdrop of your romantic holiday. Whether you dream about relaxing along a pristine coastline sipping on fruity drinks or uncovering an adventure- we have the place for you.
- The best places to ride a motorcycle and feel like a total badass After I rode a dinky scooter across Vietnam, it pretty much solidified my love for exploring on two wheels. After I upgraded to a real motorcycle, I've had plenty of high-speed adventures around the globe (and I'm always scoutin' new locations). These are some of my tried and true fav spots, but also a few places I really wanna ride.
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- The best cities for singles who are ready to mingle Feelin' flirty yet? Not only are these cities home to bustling social scenes, they're also filled with sexy people. Cheers to that.
- Africa Bucket List My top 10 countries to visit in the African continent - hint: it's much more than safaris and villages! #seekerchallenge #DoBeforeIDie
- Dream places to visit before I kick the bucket Northern Lights! Cape Town vineyards! Sunrise safaris in the middle of nowhere somewhere in Tanzania! This list is constantly evolving, growing, and going crazy up in my brain all the time — seeing as I'm always discovering new places that seize my attention (and travel budget). These are a handful of places I haven't made it to yet but they're seriously on my radar for the future... Let's gooo! #seekerchallenge
- My favorite things to do in Cape Town
- Top Casual Dining Restaurants in Cape Town I made my own home away from home in Cape Town, South Africa, and ended up basing myself there for the past three years. With so many good things to offer—the gorgeous weather, stunning landscapes, diverse cuisine, café culture, and vibrant nightlife—it’s hard to resist.
- Insta-Worthy Spots in Cape Town Ever visit a place that so completely steals your heart and soul that you feel like you never want to go back home? That’s what happened to me in Cape Town. I fell in love with the magical city by the sea and lingered literally for years.
- World's Most Popular Destinations