Compromised of aqua-tinted alleyways and endless blue painted buildings, Chefchaouen is known famously as Morocco's "Blue Pearl." The origin of the iconic blue shades of this picturesque town is unclear, but whether it was to represent the ocean or merely to stop mosquitos, Chefchaouen's azure landscape has sparked wonder in the hearts of many.
Family-owned leather shops and brightly colored ceramics line the cerulean streets of Chefchaouen: Morocco’s aptly-named “blue city.” Some say the blue is meant to symbolize the sky; others say it was a drive to bring more tourists. The jury’s out on that one, but either way, everyone can agree this place is pretty much what dreams are made of. These tiny, labyrinth-like streets will have you lost in no time — Google Maps doesn’t stand a chance — but hey, you’ll probably find something even better after the 18th time you realize you walked in a circle.
Chefchaouen, affectionately known as Morocco’s “blue city”, is well-known for its all-blue splendor from corner to corner. Powdery blue hues of buildings are met with bright works of authentic Moroccan art, plenty of fragrant couscous, and plenty of winding cobblestone streets to keep your days full of exploration (and probably a handful of wrong turns).
- The NeverEnding Bucket List I love making sure things are firmly written down to put them in action! I want to do all these and More! Have you done any of these? I’ll continuously add when I complete something! Let’s go!
- The Most Colorful Places Around the World Discover some of the most otherworldly and ethereal landscapes gleaming in heavy pigments, from alkaline red lakes to banana-colored volcanic landscapes. For Pride month we wanted to select the most vibrant destinations across the planet in every shade of ROYGBIV to create the ultimate rainbow-themed bucket list. Let your rainbow flags fly this summer while taking a look at some of the most colorful places on earth. Happy Pride Seekers!
- My Wanderlust Wishlist My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- Blue Colored Places Around the World These sky-blue pigmented locations are sure to inspire with breathtaking scenery. From marbled caves to coastal villages dipped in aqua, let's take a look at the most beautiful blue-colored destinations around the world.
- The Most Colorful Places on Earth From Red to Black, here are the most colorful places on Earth. Stroll through picturesque lavender fields glowing with soft purple in southern France or discover the dynamic fiery reds of Antelope Canyon in Arizona. Our world is rich in color, and we have selected the most pigmented destinations for your list.