7 - chicago, where a lot of my family is and my birthplace!
Shaking off the winter weather, Chicago comes alive during the warm summer- and Pride is the perfect and colorful celebration to embrace what this city has to offer. While some staple events remain postponed, Pride in the Park is a live outdoor music festival that is planned for late June, so get ready for some fun with great tunes and good vibes at this welcoming Pride destination.
We all know that Chicago goes all out for St. Patrick’s Day, so it’s no surprise that the entire city comes together for Cinco de Mayo, too. Start with the parade from Little Village that leads to the festivities at Douglas Park with local marching bands, mariachi bands, and beautifully decorated parade floats. Then head to some of the local restaurants for food and drink specials, like a spicy Mexican chocolate cupcake at Sugar Bliss Bakery, or City Winery Riverwalk for drink specials and river views. Grab your partner and let the music take you away with a dance party and salsa lesson at Duet Dance Studios. Now that you’re a salsa dancing pro, it’s time to head out on the water for a proper Cinco de Mayo party cruise on Lake Michigan.
Chicago is magical during the summertime, you see the city come alive beneath sunny days. You can plan a Ferris Bueller's Day Off-themed activity day complete with the breathtaking view from Sears Tower and a visit to the Art Institute of Chicago to check out world-renown art or relax along the sandy beaches of freshwater Lake Michigan. We recommend grabbing a slice of authentic Chicago deep-dish pizza while you're in town to see what all the hype is about.
From doughnuts to hotdogs, the Windy City is a feast for food lovers. Don't miss the drinks at the Aviary.
- Around the world in ??? days I'm in the midst of (very slowly) flying a giant circle around the world. This is where I've been, and where I hope to go before ending back up where I started. WORK IN PROGRESS
- Who Am I list Here's my "get to know me" list
- Where #VoyageDiva Has Traveled - U.S. The places Lauren Mack has explored in the U.S.
- 15 Summer Vacations For Families These epic destinations come with the territory , from epic natural wonders to big city adventures, legendary theme parks to bucket-list beaches. These are the best summer vacations in the U.S. for families. #Seekerchallenge
- Cities Celebrating Pride in 2021 These US cities are working quickly to vaccinate the population and return to a sense of normalcy- and while cases drop exponentially we can finally take steps outside beneath the sunshine and let our rainbow flags fly proudly. These cities are opening up fast to bring back Pride- from historical marches in NYC to party beaches of Miami, there is no *wrong* way to celebrate. Check out our list of the coolest pride festivals scheduled this year, because it's going to be one you will never forget.
- Places I've Been
- our big U.S road trip (2020-2021) In September 2020, I sold all my stuff, packed up my car, and hit the road with my 12-year-old pup, Fiona. We started in Vermont and are currently in Mississippi. Up next: Tampa, FL
- Best Locations for your Summer Getaway in the USA Explore cosmopolitan San Francisco, relax along the coast of crystal clear turquoise waters in Florida, or discover the thriving art scene of historical Burlington, your vacation dreams are ready to be brought to life. Whether you are planning a weekend getaway or a month-long excursion, we have selected our top destinations in the US. These locations offer great weather, plenty of activities, family-friendly options, and picturesque scenery, so get ready- this summer is about to be awesome.
- Top U.S Cities For Cannabis-Friendly Vacations Since 2012 countless states have legalized recreational marijuana use, with surely more to come in the future. As of 2021 here are our top picks for 420 tourist destinations with weed-friendly cafes, growing equipment stores, and an open-minded community. Enjoy laughing and eating amazing food while enjoying professionally hand-rolled joints with your friends, or for a chill afternoon by yourself in these top cannabis tourist destinations. From California to Vermont there is a place for you to unwind and get high across the nation.
- Places I'd love to visit These are the places I wish to see before I die.
- Route 66 Road Trip Ready to get your kicks on route 66? This route 66 road trip route and map covers all the best sights and attractions along America's Mother Road.
- World's Most Popular Destinations