Tokyo 2020 is an Olympics that definitely came with some…. Unprecedented circumstances, considering the games are actually taking place in 2021. Held in Tokyo, Japan surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the electric city, this Olympics has no tourism coming from outside of Japan due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. We are living vicariously through daydreaming about Japan’s summer festivals, firework displays, and endlessly sunny & hot Tokyo summer days. Tokyo is one of our favorite travel destinations and we are already making plans for a safer future. Grab an ice-cold ramune soda and tune in online this year as the Olympics continue ahead- sans spectators- in Tokyo city.
And with the most Michelin star restaurants of any city in the world, Tokyo is a solidified *must* for food lovers across the globe. Even if sushi isn’t your thing, Tokyo has no limit to world-class culinary experiences from every country and plenty of delicious sushi and Japanese food at that. No city can quite compare to Tokyo, which has incredibly high standards that even cheap ramen joints have been designated as Michelin-level achievements.
3 - transit in tokyo NRT
Average flight time 4 hrs 20 mins
- Woman from Tokyo by Deep Purple
Tokyo is a hectic metropolis that is one of the most densely populated and sprawling cities in the world. Despite all the action of this neon-lit destination, Tokyo remains one of the safest cities, making it perfect for solo travelers. With restaurants often catering to the solo businessman, plenty of top ramen and sushi shops around the city have singular seating so you can enjoy authentic Japanese dishes by yourself easily. Along with one of the best public transportation systems in the world, plenty of English-translated maps and directions, and an incredibly helpful population, Tokyo is perfect for your adventure. Explore top spots like Shibuya and Asakusa but make some time to also take day trips to adorable surrounding areas such as Hakone or Kichijoji.
Tokyo is an incredibly beautiful city, full of world-class art museums, picturesque views, and the seemingly flawless balance of traditional and modern aesthetics. Libras will absolutely love Tokyo, with all of the cutting-edge design and fashion, plus a little touch of chaos that every libra loves to indulge.
Tokyo has an amazing combination of traditional Asian pieces with modern visual art experiences. From the sparkling infinity rooms of Yayoi Kusama to the huge anime flowers of Takashi Murakami, there is a reason this city has spurred so many artists to create such unique and culture-shifting works. Our favorite museum is the Mori Museum in Roppongi Hills. Situated on top of a skyscraper, along with housing amazing exhibitions, The Mori serves to present a breathtaking view of Tokyo from the sky.
It would be like visiting the future—flashing neon lights, incredible technology—yet there’s still a rich sense of culture and history. We cannot forget about the Sushi and everything Kawaii!
- Tokyo 2020: Top 10 Sights In The City The Olympics have sparked the planning for our next big Tokyo adventure, and while we can’t go right now- we are living vicariously through making lists. Nothing like the eclectic mix of old and new, with ancient shrines and electric cities overflowing in second-hand electronics and *kawaii*. Tokyo city is fascinating, colorful, and full of endless discovery, as you will quickly notice while we take you through these bucket-list-worthy spots throughout the city.
- Last 10 Cities That Hosted The Summer Olympics We took a little trip down memory lane and *virtually* visited the 10 most recent Summer Olympic Games host cities. Check out how each city celebrated the occasion, and consider adding these exciting destinations to your bucket list. The Olympics have long been an international celebration dedicated to promoting travel and connection between countries far and wide, and with the current games underway, get in the spirit and let's take a look at these iconic, historical destinations.
- Cool Down The Summer Heat: Chillingly Haunted Tokyo Destinations Nothing says Tokyo Summer like a good ghost story- the hot and humid days are believed to be best combated with chilling tales and haunted houses. In case you are looking for something to make your bones go icy and shiver, these spooky destinations across Tokyo city are sure to do the trick. Visit cursed graves, explore haunted castle ruins, and witness the birthplace of one of Japan’s most famous ghost stories of all time.
- Must Visit Cities For Foodies The things we will do for food, wait in line for an hour, or travel thousands of miles - these destinations are the *top* of the top for serving up unforgettable culinary experiences that will be enough motivation to book a plane ticket. The cuisine is truly the beating heart of a city, sampling authentic dishes allows visitors to taste and understand both the culture and way of local life. Whether you want to munch on savory, fried street food in Osaka or dine at a romantic bistro in Paris, these foodie destinations are sure to make your mouth water.
- Around the world in ??? days I'm in the midst of (very slowly) flying a giant circle around the world. This is where I've been, and where I hope to go before ending back up where I started. WORK IN PROGRESS
- Best Travel Destinations for Art Lovers We know the importance of visual aesthetics when it comes to travel. From the iconic Louvre museum in Paris to the gallery-lined streets of Chelsea in NYC, we present our selection of top cities for artists and art lovers to thrive. Fill countless days in your itinerary with creativity-focused activities at these bucket-list-worthy destinations.
- The NeverEnding Bucket List I love making sure things are firmly written down to put them in action! I want to do all these and More! Have you done any of these? I’ll continuously add when I complete something! Let’s go!
- Cheap Flights From the Philippines Philippines is an archipelago in Southeast Asia and so the best way to and from here is through air travel. Here are some destinations in our neighboring countries you can get for cheap. (Especially during seat sales of local airlines). Note: International travel in my part of the world is still restricted but I can still dream and plan for the future. With the vaccine roll out already in progress, I'm optimistic that the time for travel is already in sight. Always check with local travel guidelines. Travel safely and responsibly. Flight durations are from SkyScanner.
- Places about Songs...NO, Songs about Places I love music. I listen to it every moment I can, so I decided to make a list about Places mentioned in songs. YOU are more than welcome to help out with this list, since there are a lot of songs out there! ♥️
- Capital Cities in Asia Explore beneath the glittering pink lights of Beijing, hop on a plane to the bustling metropolis of Seoul, discover sandy coastline cities and wander ancient temples of civilizations past- we present our collection of capital cities in Asia. Asia is a massive continent deeply rich in history with diverse cultures, these awe-inspiring destinations are sure to be future backdrops of life-changing adventures to come.
- Where to find the best tattoo artists around the world (sorry mom) I've gotten ink in the USA, Australia, and Indonesia — and I'm always saving the names of incredible artists around the world. These Places have top-notch tattoo scenes!
- New York Times' 52 Places Leave it to The New York Times to curate such a lengthy list of life-changing locations for their iconic 52 Places list. These unique travel destinations across the world were selected by pros for being breathtakingly beautiful and providing awe-inspiring experiences. From the towering ancient pyramids of Egypt to the neon bustling metropolis of Tokyo, there is a lot of vacation inspo for your next big adventure.
- The Best Destinations for Solo Travellers Stuck trying to find inspo for your next solo adventure? Or are you brand new and looking to wet your feet? Don't worry seeker, we have you covered. Across the world, we have chosen our favorite destinations complete with safety, excellent public transportation, and endless activities to fill up a dynamic itinerary. Enjoy a cafe au lait along the Seine river in Paris or embrace solitude in the tranquil rainforests of Costa Rica, the opportunities are endless. Whether you would like to meet like-minded folks in an eclectic hostel and party the night away beachside or eat, pray, love yourself through a transformative escape into the culture of unexplored terrains, we have selected the top destinations for solo travelers around the world so that you can relax and finally start planning your adventure.
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- Best Travel Destinations for Libras Libras are always seeking balance in everything that they do. Being such indecisive individuals as they are, I decided to step in as a travel-obsessed libra who is always seeking the best spots for like-minded folks. So, if you're seeking aesthetics, art, culture, and a touch of chaos- here are my top libra-approved travel destinations to narrow down your options a little more.
- Top Destinations Around the World In case you need inspo for your next big vacay we put together a list of the most popular and iconic tourist destinations around the world. Including the lush streets of Singapore, the ancient ruins in Athens, the always sunny paradise of Miami, and everything you can imagine in between. As professional travelers, we know that these destinations are sure to provide whatever it is you seek in your excursions.
- Places I'd love to visit These are the places I wish to see before I die.
- Places I want to visit before I die
- Do Before I Die There are still places and things I want to do and see! Here is a compilation of some of them! #seekerchallenge
- World's Most Popular Destinations