Thailand is one of the top destinations in Southeast Asia and for good reason. This vast country offers life-changing experiences and plenty of welcoming tourist activities. Mouthwatering street food, great hostel, and hotel options, as well as a lively party atmosphere, make Thailand easily one of our favorite places when traveling solo. In case you are seeking some more outdoorsy activities, there are also gorgeous hiking treks and other options to connect with the sprawling nature that surrounds you. Thailand can be a little risky in terms of scams for tourists, but with simple street smarts, this is something that can be easily avoided.
Enjoy local street food and the abundance of affordable hostels in destinations like Chiang Mai, Thailand is a life-changing country that provides delicious food and rich culture that is entirely budget-friendly. Explore natural wonders and gorgeous temples, eat noodles and drink sweet Thai tea and have one of the best experiences of your life making the most of the authentic Thai lifestyle.
Jody Vandergriff, @chiefseeker writes: “It's hard to choose a favorite but Thailand holds a special place in my heart. It was the first country I visited outside of North America and 15 years later, it's where Seeker was born!"
Hands down, the best trip I have had in all my life! Thailand was incredible! I was there for a month and a half. Made my dream come true.. to live on an island. I visited Bangkok, it was truly an amazing city. Skyscrapers everywhere and full of life! But I would say the highlight was Koh Lanta, that was the island we decided to stay on. Beautiful beaches everywhere, amazing scooter adventures, super delicious and cheap food! I would definitely go back!
- Most Beautiful National Parks In Asia Explore picturesque valleys decorated in Himalayan flowers in India or visit shrines alongside quaint mountainside pathways in South Korea, these gorgeous national parks are some of the most unique and breathtaking around the world. Imagine ancient bamboo forests, majestic shrines, and lush jungles- across the continent there is no limit to the diverse and vast landscapes that you can uncover in your travels. These are just some of our personal favorite National Parks in Asia that encompass the diverse landscapes and rare wildlife to inspire you for your next adventure.
- 11 Ice-breaker stories about places I've been One of the coolest things about being a Seeker Ambassador is participating in the weekly #seekerchallenge that gets me tripping back in my memory (and in my photos) of the many places and experiences I've been a part of on this awesome planet. This one in particular is a fun one!
- The Best Destinations for Solo Travellers Stuck trying to find inspo for your next solo adventure? Or are you brand new and looking to wet your feet? Don't worry seeker, we have you covered. Across the world, we have chosen our favorite destinations complete with safety, excellent public transportation, and endless activities to fill up a dynamic itinerary. Enjoy a cafe au lait along the Seine river in Paris or embrace solitude in the tranquil rainforests of Costa Rica, the opportunities are endless. Whether you would like to meet like-minded folks in an eclectic hostel and party the night away beachside or eat, pray, love yourself through a transformative escape into the culture of unexplored terrains, we have selected the top destinations for solo travelers around the world so that you can relax and finally start planning your adventure.
- Budget Friendly Travel Destinations Looking for an amazing experience that won't break the bank? Look no further, we have scoured the earth for the best destinations with affordable lifestyles to experience. Enjoy exploring these gorgeous countries, from the vast landscapes of Mexico to the mouthwatering cuisine of South Korea, there is no limit to life-changing adventures that are safe for your wallet.
- Bucket List Destinations
- Places I want to visit before I die
- Top Travel Picks from Women of Seeker Happy International Women's Day! We're always inspired by the badass women who help to make our community such a vibrant, unique bunch of travelers. We asked women in our community their favorite places to travel, and they had some pretty epic ideas to share. Hear why these places are near to their hearts, and save 'em for the future so they can eventually be close to yours too:
- Countries I've been! As a 26-year-old, I have the chance to visit all these beautiful countries! I hope to keep growing my list! Enjoy! In every country, I will specify in which cities I was.
- Countries My list of visited countries (broadly defined)
- Countries Of The World