Cinque Terre is a string of ancient fishing villages that are linked along the Italian coastline, between the towns there is an incredibly rugged trail to explore and plentiful outdoorsy activities. Hike along cliffs, horseback ride through the countryside, enjoy an authentic fishing excursion and enjoy the rich, traditional culture of the villages.
walk between the towns for a breathtaking view
Magnificent! Colors, seafood and the ability to move from different villages by foot, train or boat
Cinque Terre is the best preserved and natural areas along the Mediterranean Sea. Due to the preservation, there are no major highways and housing development laws are very strict. This makes it one of the most beautiful historic towns in Italy. The water is light blue and the few houses along the rocky shore are full of color. It is a beautiful place to stay and once again, enjoy your partner's company.
I would love to make a road trip by bike across the Cinque Terre in Italy!
Ever received a postcard from Italy? There’s a high chance that the Cinque Terre is featured. These are quintessential mugshots of the Med, after all – think pastel-colored homes cascading from vineyard-clad cliffs to a boat-bobbing sea. The Cinque Terre itself is actually a whole area of Liguria. It’s linked together by stunning coastal walking paths on the Sentiero Azzurro route. Have the camera ready the whole way because the Technicolor villages of Riomaggiore and Corniglia are Instagram fodder extraordinaire!
The Cinque Terre is one of the prettiest parks in Italy. Five multi-coloured villages are located along the seacoast, united by a network of hiking trails.
Cinque Terre Map
Cinque Terre Lists
- Adventurous European Destinations When we think of a European holiday we can imagine sparkling metropolises and fairytale castles, but the endless supply of outdoorsy activities throughout the continent is currently what’s on our mind. Whether you want to pilot reindeer through the arctic circle or tour fishing villages along the Italian coast, we have selected a variety of experiences that are sure to excite any adventurers looking for a European getaway.
- The Most Colorful Places on Earth From Red to Black, here are the most colorful places on Earth. Stroll through picturesque lavender fields glowing with soft purple in southern France or discover the dynamic fiery reds of Antelope Canyon in Arizona. Our world is rich in color, and we have selected the most pigmented destinations for your list.
- World Heritage Sites in Europe Throughout the vast continent of Europe, there are endless adventures to uncover. Here is a collection of the most awe-inspiring World Heritage sites across Europe, including mesmerizing landmarks, bustling cities, and gorgeous natural landscapes. Uncover some of the most mysterious and beautiful travel destinations on the planet with this bucket-list-worthy selection.
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- Earth day places #SeekerChallenge
- Most Romantic Getaways in Europe Europe is a lovely country to visit, especially with one you love. These are perfect getaways for couples in general but especially during Valentine's Day. This way you get to explore the beauty of the continent while spending special quality time with your partner.
- Do Before I Die There are still places and things I want to do and see! Here is a compilation of some of them! #seekerchallenge
- Hikes around the world My bucketlist of trails to conquer one day