London overcame any perceived obstacles and held a spectacular summer Olympics in 2012. The metropolis of London is steeped in culture along every winding road and on top of every double decker bus. Spectators traveled from across the world to enjoy the exciting games and embrace the colorful fabric of the city.
With a cup of tea in hand and munching some crumbling scones slathered in clotted cream and jam beneath the cool British sun, experience the eclectic vibrance of London in the summertime. We know London is never a bad idea, and if you're looking to break the usual 'beach resort island' summer plans, try out this edgy, metropolitan, cultural center for your next big getaway. You will fall in love with London as it unfolds in all of its unique glory in the summertime, complete with big ben, double-decker buses, and those *iconic* telephone booths.
- Take me back to London by Ed Sheeran ft Stormzy
London is a must for all art enthusiasts. From the Tate museums to the dozens of contemporary galleries around every corner of this famous town. London serves as a true rival to New York in the art scene and provides a unique and creative backdrop for your travel, full of vibrant colors and friendly people. In London, there is no shortage of breathtaking exhibits to uncover.
From Peckham Rye Park to the photography-famous backstreet of Kynance Mews, wisteria blooms erupt onto the city’s scene from the end of April through May, and it’s everything you could dream of in a London scene. And then some. Cobblestone streets lined by mews-style houses with colorful doors, all drenched in wisteria blooms, make it like a scene from your favorite romantic comedy. Explore to your heart’s content, but please, remember that people live in these homes before you set up an elaborate photoshoot plan. Avoid the awkwardness when someone comes down in their PJs to grab the mail.
A beautiful city any time of year, the New Years celebrations in London are full of spectacular lights and fireworks from the Thames and the London Eye! To keep the celebrations going into the new year you can watch the New Years Day Parade!
When: April 20th, 2021 Where: Hyde Park, London, England The UK’s biggest smoke-out, 420 Hyde Park, reached new heights in 2019 with thousands of attendees and well-organized stages for speakers, panels, live music, and peaceful protests. While there is often a strong police presence, last year, the cops’ primary focus wasn’t even weed. “We are not like the French police going in hard,” one sergeant told the Daily Mail, “I am more concerned for their health because there are a lot of pasty white people out here today.” Word.
If you are looking for a sophisticated yet utterly mad festival in the UK, Lord Mayor’s Carnival is the one. Lord Mayor’s Carnival signifies 804 years of tumultuous history in London.
When: November 9th Look forward to: Parades with marching bands, carriages, military detachments, giant contraptions, dance troops, and ceremonial displays. Tips: Plan your travel ahead of time! It can be difficult to get around via car during the carnival time as most of the city shuts down.
- Last 10 Cities That Hosted The Summer Olympics We took a little trip down memory lane and *virtually* visited the 10 most recent Summer Olympic Games host cities. Check out how each city celebrated the occasion, and consider adding these exciting destinations to your bucket list. The Olympics have long been an international celebration dedicated to promoting travel and connection between countries far and wide, and with the current games underway, get in the spirit and let's take a look at these iconic, historical destinations.
- Places I've been "We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls."
- Best Travel Destinations for Art Lovers We know the importance of visual aesthetics when it comes to travel. From the iconic Louvre museum in Paris to the gallery-lined streets of Chelsea in NYC, we present our selection of top cities for artists and art lovers to thrive. Fill countless days in your itinerary with creativity-focused activities at these bucket-list-worthy destinations.
- Summer Vacation Spots Without The Beach Summer vacation is often described with pristine sandy beaches, salty ocean water, and the *constant* smell of sunscreen, well, if that's not your cup of tea then we have the list for you. While we are fans of beach life, we also love to step away from the seaside crowds and experience something new, from buzzing metropolitan cities at the center of culture and modern life to vast sandy deserts dripping in gorgeous hues of neon orange- there are a number of exciting summer adventures waiting for you, beach not included.
- Places I've Been
- Places about Songs...NO, Songs about Places I love music. I listen to it every moment I can, so I decided to make a list about Places mentioned in songs. YOU are more than welcome to help out with this list, since there are a lot of songs out there! ♥️
- Capital Cities of Europe Coastal towns and sparkling metropolises, across the sprawling continent of Europe there is so much to uncover and experience. Whether you seek picturesque villages painted in pastel colors or cosmopolitan flair, Europe has the perfect city for you to explore. Here is our collection of capital cities in Europe.
- Where to find the best tattoo artists around the world (sorry mom) I've gotten ink in the USA, Australia, and Indonesia — and I'm always saving the names of incredible artists around the world. These Places have top-notch tattoo scenes!
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- Top Destinations Around the World In case you need inspo for your next big vacay we put together a list of the most popular and iconic tourist destinations around the world. Including the lush streets of Singapore, the ancient ruins in Athens, the always sunny paradise of Miami, and everything you can imagine in between. As professional travelers, we know that these destinations are sure to provide whatever it is you seek in your excursions.
- Places I'd love to visit These are the places I wish to see before I die.
- Places I want to visit before I die
- Best New Years Eve Celebrations in Europe With the new year approaching, I find myself planning more and more trips. This list is hopefully going to narrow down my choices for vacations in Europe to celebrate New Years Eve next year!
- World's Most Popular Destinations