Made up of scenic slot canyons, Antelope Canyon is solidified as a true geographic treasure. This destination has long been a favorite of the seeker team and is one of the most mesmerizing natural structures on the planet. Explore the naturally carved canyons made up of fiery oranges and reds in the Arizona desert.
Located in the Navajo territory of Arizona, this slot canyon was carved by wind and water and is now one of the most photogenic locations in the world. Stop by the Antelope Canyon to be engulfed by vibrant fiery hues of carved sandstone at this awe-striking destination.
Technically it’s orange under direct sunlight, but hear us out: Antelope Canyon takes on a deep, earthy shade of purple when it’s in the shade or low lighting. And if we may say, it’s basically the definition of a Swirly Twirly Wonderland™. Here, beams of light flow through iconic slot canyons, unveiling a world in between the carved rock. While the entire scene is pretty much Instagram famous at this point, you can still run away from the selfie stick holders and “do it for the gram” bros if you venture off the beaten path a little bit.
I had heart eyes for the entire time here! Tip: make sure you book this tour in advance.
Antelope is the most visited slot canyon in the Southwest, partly because it is easily accessible, but also because it’s extremely beautiful with just the right combination of depth, width, length, ambient light, and orangey-red rock color. With two separate canyon sections — upper and lower — you’ve got some exploration cut out for you.
Antelope Canyon Map
Antelope Canyon Lists
- The Most Colorful Places Around the World Discover some of the most otherworldly and ethereal landscapes gleaming in heavy pigments, from alkaline red lakes to banana-colored volcanic landscapes. For Pride month we wanted to select the most vibrant destinations across the planet in every shade of ROYGBIV to create the ultimate rainbow-themed bucket list. Let your rainbow flags fly this summer while taking a look at some of the most colorful places on earth. Happy Pride Seekers!
- My Wanderlust Wishlist My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- Orange Colored Places Around the World Get lost in vibrant tangerine hues across the world, with these dynamic orange-colored destinations.
- The Most Colorful Places on Earth From Red to Black, here are the most colorful places on Earth. Stroll through picturesque lavender fields glowing with soft purple in southern France or discover the dynamic fiery reds of Antelope Canyon in Arizona. Our world is rich in color, and we have selected the most pigmented destinations for your list.
- Mother Nature in the U.S.A Celebrating #EarthDay by sharing a few places in the U.S that make me go 😍 #seekerchallenge
- Top 20 places that show Mother Nature at her finest. Earth. Fire. Wind. Water. The power of Mother Nature is truly awe inspiring. Here is a list of the top 20 place to go to become one with our mother earth. #SeekerChallenge
- Mother Nature's Finest Work This week's #seekerchallenge celebrates the most naturally beautiful places on earth.
- Top Road Trip Destinations in the USA Scenic highways underneath a wide-open sky, countless quirky and breathtaking stops along the way- road trip culture in the USA is unmatched. Whether you want to uncover a mysterious mansion in California, follow a botanical maze in Hawaii, or wander the bright orange rock carvings in Antelope Canyon, we gathered a list of our favorite and most memorable road trip destinations. Remember, it's not about the destination, it's about the journey to get there.
- Places that make me feel good Corners of the world that I would like to visit and that I have visited
- Places I've ticked off my bucket list I'm 22 and feeling super grateful for all the places I've been able to visit so far. #SeekerChallenge
- US Natural Gems #seekerchallenge