Cinco de Mayo in Vancouver is one celebration you don’t want to miss. Every year, on or around the 5th of May, Canadians kick off their celebrations with music, dancing, boat cruises, and… skydiving?? The skydiving boogie, as they call it, is filled with fun, high-flying (and falling) revelers in the sky. If you’re not a skydiving pro, don’t worry, you can still make reservations to take a course or do a tandem jump with a trained professional— and we highly recommend it. If jumping out of a perfectly good airplane isn’t your jam, you can still celebrate with great food, music, and entertainment. Join in on the festivities on the water with the Cinco de Mayo Pub Night Cruise or a Cinco de Mayo Latin Cruise. You should also take a trip to the Trout Lake Park and Community Center for some family-friendly Cinco de Mayo festivities. There’s a beach area and a path around the lake at the community center where you can walk off some of those street tacos.
Vancouver is perfect for any nervous solo travelers, incredibly safe, amazing public transportation, and a major tourist destination, you will fit right into this eclectic city. Enjoy free walking tours of gorgeous downtown, take on some adventurous outdoorsy activities in the sprawling natural landscape just minutes away from the city, and relax beachside with a tasty drink, Vancouver is a vast destination encompassing everything we love when traveling solo. We recommend fresh seafood which is king in Vancouver city, located along the pacific coastline and boasting a diverse population, Vancouver has plentiful options of delicious meals, but this is one of the rare destinations in North America where you can find world-class sushi for a fair price.
Still one of my favorite cities in the world. A perfect blend of culture, creativity, and craziness. Surrounded by a seawall to walk, run, or bike around, with many distinctive neighborhoods, quaint beaches, and parks to walk your dog and get some fresh air. There's always something fun happening here. Active days and indulgent nightlife. If you can't find it in The Georgia Straight (free street magazine), just ask around. People are usually happy to let you in on the fun.
When: April 20th, 2021 Where: Sunset Beach Park, Vancouver, BC, Canada The 420 Smoke Out is Vancouver’s best (and most controversial) 420 friendly event. Celebrating the city’s cannabis culture since 1995, the festival grew from a small gathering at Victory Square Park in ’95 to over 100,000 expected attendees at Sunset Beach in 2021. Guests can look forward to live music, speakers and a giant cannabis farmers market for all of your 420 needs.
- The Best Destinations for Solo Travellers Stuck trying to find inspo for your next solo adventure? Or are you brand new and looking to wet your feet? Don't worry seeker, we have you covered. Across the world, we have chosen our favorite destinations complete with safety, excellent public transportation, and endless activities to fill up a dynamic itinerary. Enjoy a cafe au lait along the Seine river in Paris or embrace solitude in the tranquil rainforests of Costa Rica, the opportunities are endless. Whether you would like to meet like-minded folks in an eclectic hostel and party the night away beachside or eat, pray, love yourself through a transformative escape into the culture of unexplored terrains, we have selected the top destinations for solo travelers around the world so that you can relax and finally start planning your adventure.
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- Lonely Planet's Best in Travel The gorgeous natural landscape of Vancouver, the eclectic vibes surging through Denver, the historic ruins of Cairo- Lonely Planet has selected some of the most awe-inspiring destinations for their Best in Travel list. Explore their top picks of destinations for some future vacay inspo.
- Places I've Lived or Called Home. A list of the places where I've lived and worked, and hopefully left a little better than when I arrived. I know I'm a better person for having lived in these places.
- World's Most Popular Destinations