A sprawling oasis amongst the concrete jungle, NYC's Central Park is ideal for picnic-goers. This historical destination has plentiful green spaces, picturesque views, hot dog stands, and flower beds to compliment your picnic basket. Visit the lawns of Belvedere Castle, or Sheep's Meadow, and stroll through the paved walkways of the park to discover fun tourist activities and sample famous New York snacks.
Living in NYC made me have a special appreciation for all things green. While living in the big city lends you sights of towering buildings and beautiful skylines, being able to feel grass beneath your feet is a treat.
How could I write a list about parks in New York and not include the actual heart and life of New York that is Central Park? This expansive park expands throughout upper Manhattan and each section has its own character. Visit the dreamy Alice in Wonderland statue, or stroll along across bridges overlooking a quaint stream,. In Central Park, you can try tasty New York pretzels and other street food, and take a breath away from the shopping and culture that surrounds the well-maintained park that is quintessential to the New York experience.
Arguably the most famous park in the world, Central Park is a manmade wonder in the heart of New York City. While inside, get lost in 840 acres of ponds, parks, and streams. From a bird’s eye view, spot the perfect rectangle of green surrounded by skyscrapers and city streets.
Central Park Map
Central Park Lists
- Best Parks To Picnic In Across The USA Pack your favorite basket because we are going on a picnic. These parks across the US are tried and tested, locally loved picnic spots that we personally think are the *best* in the country. From tropical gardens to sprawling meadows, there is no shortage of quaint scenery to lay down your favorite blanket and indulge in a tasty lunch with friends. Including classics like Central Park, and historical reserves such as the Walden Pond- Check out these picks for your next big picnic.
- Places I've Been
- Iconic Travel Landmarks Mark the occasion- literally, with these incredible travel landmarks across the planet. These destinations represent history and culture and have drawn travelers from all corners of the globe to take in their magnificence. Enjoy the view from The Empire State Building in NYC or snap a pic in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. Become a part of history- let's explore these iconic Travel Landmarks.
- Every-day sights that make me grateful to be on this planet With Earth Day around the corner, I'm thinking of all the beautiful places that I've seen around the world. No, these aren't all tropical little islands or views that you'll find from mountain tops, instead these are some of the every-day sights that make me grateful to live on this planet 🌎#seekerchallenge
- The Most Famous Landmarks Around the World These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- Places You Have to Visit in the Spring If an abundance of blooming flowers in picture-perfect locations is what you are looking for, we have the list for you! Enjoy bright colors, big blue skies, and endless fields wherever you dream of traveling this spring. Whether you seek bright pink cherry blossom trees in Japan or expansive national parks in North America, this list includes the most picturesque places to unwind after the cold winter to soak in fresh spring energy.
- Places that make me feel good Corners of the world that I would like to visit and that I have visited
- Most famous landmarks around the world
- Best Parks to Visit in Manhattan The hustle and bustle of metropolitan New York City can get overwhelming at times, but if there is anything that New York does well it is providing a small oasis of nature throughout the seemingly endless concrete jungle. Here are some of the best parks to sit down and take a break surrounded by beautiful scenery in the big apple.