It is no secret that Paris is an amazing foodie destination, every picturesque lane in the spiral city is lined with world-class restaurants, cafes, and patisseries. Enjoy crispy, freshly baked croissants every morning and tour the endless French restaurants throughout the day.
Although it wouldn't be cheap, I'd love to retire in Paris!
The place you went on your first trip // My first solo trip abroad was at age 16, and I went to Paris. It's still one of my faves and I still try to go once a year :)
- Only You by Cheat Codes ft Little Mix
Whisk your mother away for a glamorous escapade to the gorgeous cobblestone paved streets of Paris. The City of Love and Light awaits complete with countless galleries, fashion boutiques, dreamy hotels, and historical experiences. Visit all the major sites including the iconic Eiffel Tower and the Musee du Louvre, or make your way to off-the-beaten-path spots like the art deco cafe where they filmed the famous movie Amelie- located at 15 rue Lepic at rue Cauchois.
Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, at the center of art, fashion, and cuisine, Paris is a dreamlike paradise perfect for anyone who is a romantic at heart. While at popular tourist attractions be wary as there are often scammers targetting tourists, but as in any big city across the planet if you keep to yourself and remain smart this shouldn't be an issue. Stroll along the Seine river which flows through the picturesque city and admire the sparkling architecture beneath the Eiffel Tower. We love starting our Parisian outings with a fresh croissant and some cafe au lait from the local cafes, seated outside to admire the elegant fashion of passersby. In Paris, it is very culturally acceptable to be enjoying cuisine and exploring by oneself. We are big fans of this destination and with plenty of museums, boutiques, and historical monuments to explore, there are endless opportunities to enjoy a solo vacation in Paris.
What libra wouldn't want to get lost in the city of love and light? The easygoing Parisian lifestyle is sure to enchant the libra who is always aching for harmony. Enjoy the world's finest of all varieties; art, architecture, fashion, and more. Libras are sure to indulge their material needs and take plenty of Instagram-worthy photos at this truly enchanting destination.
I'm in love with the city of love, TBH.
The city of lights is known for its historical importance in the art world. I'm sure you have heard of the Mona Lisa, and yes, it is amazing to see in person- along with all the other classic pieces found at world-famous museums throughout the city. All beneath a glittering Eiffel tower, there are over 1000 art galleries in Paris, so prepare to spend plenty of time experiencing impeccable art collections across this romantic destination.
Pallas-Amenah Morgan, @thegoddess_pallas writes: “Paris was the first international city I ever traveled to, and I did it solo at 19 years old! Everything from the art and food scene to the nightlife and architecture was breathtaking, and I loved learning to adapt to such a different environment. I traveled right after a traumatic experience, and the city really helped me grow in ways I never thought possible. Paris will always hold a special place in my heart for that reason.”
A bit of background on the Black population in Europe: at least a million Sub-Saharan Africans have moved to Europe since 2010. And while numbers of migrants in France specifically do not point to a “crisis,” the issue has nonetheless been more highly politicized than anywhere else in Europe. Walking through the city of Paris, you may pass camps of African migrants along the seine. Take a casual stroll past the Eiffel Tower and you will be sure to notice the sans-papiers— as the undocumented migrants are known in local parlance— vending touristy souvenirs. As a Black tourist, you may get suspicious stares from French officers, that is, until they realize you’re not African. Or, “better” yet, that you’re American. When I first arrived in Paris, I wore my natural hair up in a high puff or afro, and I would get plenty of looks from random passersby. However, when I decided to get my hair done, the looks became less guarded and more…intrigued. Here’s what I mean: while buying from a crepe stand for breakfast— you know, as you do— the man making crepes demanded that I show him my two euros to pay for my food before he made it. But as soon as he heard my American accent through my broken French, his eyes lit up, he smiled, “You’re American!” My hair was natural at the time. A week later, after I’d gotten my hair done in box braids, I found myself moving through the city with much more ease. I was treated more openly, less guardedly. It wasn’t until I returned to that same crepe stand that I understood why that was. The same man from before greeted me, complimented my hair, and said he “liked this look better,” that I “look like an island girl now.” When I asked him what he meant, he responded, “Very boujee!” It’s okay. You can laugh. TIP: Rule #1 for any Black traveler, especially female Black travelers: we’re gonna do our hair. Braids, twists, extensions, weaves, wigs— we put our hair up before we hop on that plane. No one wants to spend their vacation worrying about those precious coils and curls. But if you’re in need of services in Paris, look no further than Studio D, a small Black-owned salon off of Republique, and Daba Fashion. I had my braids done at Studio D and the women accounted for my hair texture, what products I liked, and even served hot tea. For cheaper options, hit up Little Africa in Montmartre and browse the braiding salons and shops that stretch for blocks. If you visit in October, you’ll catch the grape harvest festival by the Sacre Cour. Stuff your face with food from different regions of France and, of course, try many different wines.
Bursting with culture, elegance and that certain je ne sais quoi, it's no surprise Paris is still the #1 most romantic location in the world.
Of course, the number one destination for couples is Paris. Even though it is a cliche for couples to go to Paris on Valentine's Day, their honeymoon, or any spontaneous romantic getaway, Paris really is a beautiful city and very special for couples to visit together. There are a ton of romantic restaurants in the city and very nice hotels to stay at. You can spend your days walking around this amazing city, stopping for a cafe at any corner, and enjoying each other's company.
Paris is beautiful all year, but watching fireworks over the Eiffel Tower would be gorgeous!
Very cliche, but I want to visit the city of love with my love <3
Only two hours away by train, Paris is the perfect excuse to get another stamp in your passport. With so much to see in the French capital, I recommend getting an early morning train and a late-night train back to London–you’re going to need it. From the Eiffel Tower to The Louvre, Paris’ arrondissements have a lot to explore.
While on the train from London to Paris, try organizing your day trip by must-sees (things you cannot leave without experiencing) and maybes (things you’d love to see but don’t mind skipping this time around). Then take the day head on by planning 2-3 activities with meal breaks in between. If you’re a foodie headed to Paris prepare your stomach’s lining for an abundance of pastries and fresh bread with most meals. My favorite bakery, and your new favorite bakery, in Paris is Du Pain et des Idées. Try the ‘escargot or savory bacon-topped pastry and, of course, the buttery-good croissants. Travel Tip: If you’re on a budget, check out Eurostar Snap for tickets to Paris starting from £25 pounds. You pick the date and Eurostar will pick the time of travel.
- Theatre around the World 🌎 🎭🎼
- Hard Rock Cafè and Hotel around the world 🌎🤟🏻
- Places I've been "We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls."
- Must Visit Cities For Foodies The things we will do for food, wait in line for an hour, or travel thousands of miles - these destinations are the *top* of the top for serving up unforgettable culinary experiences that will be enough motivation to book a plane ticket. The cuisine is truly the beating heart of a city, sampling authentic dishes allows visitors to taste and understand both the culture and way of local life. Whether you want to munch on savory, fried street food in Osaka or dine at a romantic bistro in Paris, these foodie destinations are sure to make your mouth water.
- Best Travel Destinations for Art Lovers We know the importance of visual aesthetics when it comes to travel. From the iconic Louvre museum in Paris to the gallery-lined streets of Chelsea in NYC, we present our selection of top cities for artists and art lovers to thrive. Fill countless days in your itinerary with creativity-focused activities at these bucket-list-worthy destinations.
- Who Am I list Here's my "get to know me" list
- The most Sarah Lempa places in the world
- Places I've Been
- Places about Songs...NO, Songs about Places I love music. I listen to it every moment I can, so I decided to make a list about Places mentioned in songs. YOU are more than welcome to help out with this list, since there are a lot of songs out there! ♥️
- Capital Cities of Europe Coastal towns and sparkling metropolises, across the sprawling continent of Europe there is so much to uncover and experience. Whether you seek picturesque villages painted in pastel colors or cosmopolitan flair, Europe has the perfect city for you to explore. Here is our collection of capital cities in Europe.
- Where to find the best tattoo artists around the world (sorry mom) I've gotten ink in the USA, Australia, and Indonesia — and I'm always saving the names of incredible artists around the world. These Places have top-notch tattoo scenes!
- New York Times' 52 Places Leave it to The New York Times to curate such a lengthy list of life-changing locations for their iconic 52 Places list. These unique travel destinations across the world were selected by pros for being breathtakingly beautiful and providing awe-inspiring experiences. From the towering ancient pyramids of Egypt to the neon bustling metropolis of Tokyo, there is a lot of vacation inspo for your next big adventure.
- Best Places to Visit With Mom in 2021 Whether your mom loves rolling hills of vineyards to explore, luxury spa destinations, adventurous treks, or a little broadway sparkle- we have selected some of the best destinations worldwide to enjoy some quality time together. Unwind at pristine beaches in Palm Springs beneath some much-needed sunlight, or enjoy delectable Mediterranean cuisine along the southern Amalfi Coast of Italy. These destinations will treat you and your mom to some unforgettable experiences. Bon Voyage!
- The Best Destinations for Solo Travellers Stuck trying to find inspo for your next solo adventure? Or are you brand new and looking to wet your feet? Don't worry seeker, we have you covered. Across the world, we have chosen our favorite destinations complete with safety, excellent public transportation, and endless activities to fill up a dynamic itinerary. Enjoy a cafe au lait along the Seine river in Paris or embrace solitude in the tranquil rainforests of Costa Rica, the opportunities are endless. Whether you would like to meet like-minded folks in an eclectic hostel and party the night away beachside or eat, pray, love yourself through a transformative escape into the culture of unexplored terrains, we have selected the top destinations for solo travelers around the world so that you can relax and finally start planning your adventure.
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- Best Travel Destinations for Libras Libras are always seeking balance in everything that they do. Being such indecisive individuals as they are, I decided to step in as a travel-obsessed libra who is always seeking the best spots for like-minded folks. So, if you're seeking aesthetics, art, culture, and a touch of chaos- here are my top libra-approved travel destinations to narrow down your options a little more.
- The Most Romantic Cities in the World There are countless magical cities to get lost in together- whether you and your sweetheart seek moonlit strolls along the pathways of Kyoto or kisses beneath a glittering Eiffel tower. We always have romance on our minds while traveling, and here are our picks of the best romantic backdrops for the next chapter of your epic love story.
- Bucket List Destinations
- The best cities for singles who are ready to mingle Feelin' flirty yet? Not only are these cities home to bustling social scenes, they're also filled with sexy people. Cheers to that.
- Top Destinations Around the World In case you need inspo for your next big vacay we put together a list of the most popular and iconic tourist destinations around the world. Including the lush streets of Singapore, the ancient ruins in Athens, the always sunny paradise of Miami, and everything you can imagine in between. As professional travelers, we know that these destinations are sure to provide whatever it is you seek in your excursions.
- Places I'd love to visit These are the places I wish to see before I die.
- Places I want to visit before I die
- Top Travel Picks from Women of Seeker Happy International Women's Day! We're always inspired by the badass women who help to make our community such a vibrant, unique bunch of travelers. We asked women in our community their favorite places to travel, and they had some pretty epic ideas to share. Hear why these places are near to their hearts, and save 'em for the future so they can eventually be close to yours too:
- Most Romantic Destinations in the World! February is the month of love! Here is the list of the most romantic places according to me! I wish I could visit them with my love soon !
- Most Romantic Getaways in Europe Europe is a lovely country to visit, especially with one you love. These are perfect getaways for couples in general but especially during Valentine's Day. This way you get to explore the beauty of the continent while spending special quality time with your partner.
- Best New Years Eve Celebrations in Europe With the new year approaching, I find myself planning more and more trips. This list is hopefully going to narrow down my choices for vacations in Europe to celebrate New Years Eve next year!
- Do Before I Die There are still places and things I want to do and see! Here is a compilation of some of them! #seekerchallenge
- Easy Day Trips from London London is a big city full of all the things that we love most about the world’s best concrete jungles: great food, historic pubs, diverse nightlife, rooftop bars, and a thriving arts scene. If you want it, London’s got it. But while the Big Smoke has something for literally everyone, it does lack beaches, a quaintness, and the kind of charm that only a small town can afford. If you’re looking to make a quick getaway, all of the places on this list are within a two-hour journey from London (and can be explored solo). Here are the 7 best day trips from London.
- World's Most Popular Destinations