Dry Tortugas National Park
The turtle-swimming waters and glowing coral gardens of the tropical Dry Tortugas National Park swirl around the rises of muscular Fort Jefferson. It’s a fascinating citadel that predates the Civil War and actually reigns as the largest masonry structure in the New World!
Dry Tortugas National Park in Florida is made up of several small islands surrounded by open waters of shimmering aquamarine shades. Each island is soaked in lush plant life and swaying palm trees to establish itself as a true paradise destination, full of preserved wildlife- from colorful birds to marine life and gorgeous views you will never forget.
A park dedicated to protecting its pristine nighttime views, Dry Tortugas offers some of the most picturesque and clear perspectives of endless starry skies. Set up camp beneath the palm trees at Garden Key to fully immerse yourself in a dreamy display of glittering stars at this gorgeous island paradise.
camp on the beach!
Boat tour, hiking, unique wildlife, birding
Dry Tortugas National Park Map
Dry Tortugas National Park Lists
- National Parks in the U.S The US boasts an impressive 63 national parks, each with its own distinct character, awe inspiring views and countless ways to connect with nature. The parks are managed by the National Park Service which offers an annual pass for access to all 63 parks throughout the year for one flat price. Let's explore.
- Best National Parks for Stargazing Witness the extravagance of a dark sky filled to the brim with sparkling stars. From desert landscapes to sandy shores- these national parks share the protected night sky in common. This list includes designated "Dark-sky" destinations that display clear views of the milky way in the summertime, and misty hues of green aurora borealis during the frosty winter. Experience firsthand the magic of our universe in the form of endless twinkling lights and planets at our favorite stargazing spots across North America.
- Places to Experience Florida's Natural Beauty Theme parks are great and all, but the beaches, swamps, and forests of Florida are just as magical. #seekerchallenge 🌍
- national parks east of chicago
- National Parks Visited 50 and counting!